Thursday, March 25, 2010

Podcast Recommendation

Anyone reading this blog might find this podcast episode interesting - Radiolab: Where Am I? I got it from a classmate, and it's got some bizarre examples of when things go wrong in the connection between your brain and your body. I particularly enjoyed the section about a man who lost all sense of himself in space and how to move himself from one place to another, and then found a way to teach himself to move again that sounds an awful lot like Feldenkrais. Hearing about army pilots with out-of-body experiences is pretty cool too. I'm not a huge fan of how the podcast is recorded (lots of cuts of different people talking spliced together can be a little hard to listen to), but they bring up some really interesting ideas and situations.

That's all for tonight. Tomorrow morning is Day 20, the last day of this segment, for better or for worse, and I should go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment